The school year is winding down, and more eighteen-year-olds than we can handle are going to be hitting the road to head for college towns. Worried parents will want to send them off right, knowing they are being safe and cost-effective. That’s why we’ve found a few used cars that we think are perfect for high school grads heading off to make their dreams come true.
- The Honda Fit: Don’t let its small size fool you. The Honda Fit can truly fit all your high school grad’s college essentials: textbooks, blankets, towels, clothes, and, of course, their gaming systems. The Honda Fit is king of compacts and offers great fuel efficiency for students on a budget.
- The Toyota Prius: Hybrids are traditionally pricy, but more affordable used models dating all the way back to the early 2000s will still get your child great gas mileage—and will still be running smoothly. It’s Toyota, after all, one of the most dependable brands available.
- The Volkswagen Jetta: If you’re going the sedan route, not much tops the Volkswagen Jetta (except maybe the Civic, which we’ll come to next). The Jetta offers a spacious cargo area and—for the tree-hugging child—comes with a TDI diesel option.
- The Honda Civic: Fuel efficiency is optimized in the Civic, so your high school grad can shell out less on gas and more on dining dollars. (Have to reach that Freshman Fifteen somehow, right?) The Civic also earned top safety ratings, meaning it is guaranteed to keep your kid safe at all times.
- The Toyota Matrix: The utility and open interior, not to mention the fuel efficiency and dependability, are seemingly designed for road trips, which makes the Matrix perfect for out-of-state students who will want to make occasional visits home.
Every high school graduate deserves a good used car, so think about surprising yours with one today. Remember: you’re not spoiling them if you have their best interests at heart. (Okay, so maybe you’re still spoiling them.)
Brought to you by Creditmax Automotive of Sacramento in Sacramento, California